The The Taliban on Thursday accused the United States of violating peace deal reached under Trump administration keeping members of his recently announced interim government on state list Most Wanted United.
Sirrajudin Haqqani, who was appointed by the insurgent group as acting interior minister earlier this week, is known as the head of the Haqqani Network - a terrorist organization designated by the United States and sanctionedby the United Nations.
BIDEN ADMIN 'RESPONSE AUX TALIBAN ' EXCUSE 'FOR ETERNAL FLIGHTS SLUGGED BY LEGISLATIVES
Haqqani is wanted in connection with an attack on a hotel in Kabul in 2008 which killed six people, including an American.
The 'Information Search ' poster released by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation for Sirajuddin Haqqani, who is the new Acting Minister of the Interior of Afghanistan . (FBI / Handout via REUTERS)
"The Islamic Emirate regards this position as a flagrant violation of the Doha agreement, which is neither in the interest of the states -United nor from Afghanistan, "Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said in a Twitter statement.
" Such remarks are a repeat of failed experiences of the past and of America 's prejudicial position, "he added. " We demand that this mistaken position be changed to a diplomatic position as soon as possible.
A spokesperson for the department State has confirmed that Haqqani's designation as a "terrorist " is notas a violation of the Doha agreement.
Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who oversaw the US-Taliban deal, also told Fox News that all sanctions against the insurgent group were "consistent " with the agreement.
"The Doha agreement was clear. All of the US commitments were subject to compliance by the Taliban from the premises they signed into the deal, "Pompeo said. our administration.
"We would never have done it as long as all the conditions were met, " he added. "Since the conditions have clearly not been met, continued sanctions against Taliban-linked terrorists are very much in line with the deal.
FORMER MEMBER OF THE BERGDAHL PLATOON 'HORRIFIED ' DE SEE EX-GITMO DETAINS SERVING THE AFGHAN GOVERNMENT
In a point ofPress Wednesday, Secretary of State Antony Ben said he was "concerned" about those listed under the government "guardian", and said the administration "was evaluating" the announcement.
"Despite the fact that a new government would be inclusive, the list of names announced consists exclusively of individuals who are members of the Taliban or their close collaborators, and not women," he said. he told reporters. "We are also concerned about the affiliations and backgrounds of some of these people.
Ben said the department will judge the Taliban-led government on "its actions.
"The international community has made it clear that the Afghan people deserve an inclusive government," he added.
Secretary urged Taliban to allow continued evacuationnaked Americans and Afghans at risk stranded in the country.
But the administration has remained silent on the consequences the Taliban can expect if they do not allow the evacuations to continue and it is still not clear how many people are still trying to flee the collapsed state.