Since reading this you probably already know that the email addresses of some Orange, Wanadoo and Freeserve domains will soon be no more and you just want to know what you need to do as the sender . I will definitely go over how shippers should have this change below. But first, in case you're not clear on what's going on, I'll quickly recap the problem.
EE (Everything Everywhere) , the parent company that owns Orange, Freeserve and Wanadoo, announced its Orange Email closure on May 31, 2017. This means that the email addresses of the following domains will no longer be valid after May 31:
After May 31st, any attempted delivery to the domains belowsus will fail and rebound. Spikes in email bounces can hamper your email deliverability, so it's important to prepare for upcoming shutdowns.
How can senders prepare
So how should you as the sender react to this news? There are two issues to be resolved here. First, remove the addresses of the above domains from your list on May 31st. This will help you avoid bounce rate spikes and unnecessary shipping costs associated with sending to non-existent addresses.
The second problem to be solved is how to keep as many Orange email subscribers as possible as these users move to different inbox providers. This challenge offers senders a unique opportunity to refresh your relationship with these subscribers. Once you have segmented the addresses of the affected domains, here are some strategies you can use.us may consider to make the most of this situation:
- Send a few emails specifically to these subscribers before May 31, with an invitation to update or provide a new email address. mail.
- If you've collected the names of your subscribers as well as their email addresses, consider using personalization in your subject lines to help your campaign stand out in the inbox .
- Consider including a short presentation explaining why they want to keep hearing from you (the benefits for them) and correctly set expectations of what they can expect from your mark. Restoring the relationship and strengthening the benefits your subscriber will receive from your emails drives future engagement with those subscribers.
- Give these subscribers the option to indicate how often they would like to receive from you. Create a link to a center ofpreferences is a great way to give subscribers more control over their experience with your emails, and thus helps improve your overall engagement and ability to reach the inbox.
- For subscribers who provide a new email address, c onsider sends the updated email address a specialized welcome message or series. These recipients are probably using a brand new mailbox. reception. Making sure you send them relevant content soon after providing the new email address will help you build good engagement and inbox placement in the future.
Be creative and pay special attention to all the points where you can reinforce the value of your brand with your followers. While it's never fun to lose subscribers from your list, being proactive in retaining those users gives you, at the sender,a great opportunity to turn a negative into a positive by strengthening the relationship between your brand and your followers .
Have more questions about closures or looking for more advice? Meet the SendGrid Expert Services - a whole team dedicated to making sure your emails get to the inbox.