Debian is a free Linux distribution that appeared among the first in the 90s.
C 'is therefore an operating system based on free and opensource GNU / Linux whose distribution of ISO files is authorized by everyone.
Downloading ISO is possible in HTTP from the Debian site or in Bittorrent .
Finally the hebergementwebs site .com also offers you to directly download the debian ISOs.
There are several versions like stable, testing, unstable .
Finally, to install Debian, you can download the netinstall ISO or full image .
Here is how to download Debian ISO version 10 say Buster .
Table of contents
The versions of Debian
Debian comes in three versions:
- stable : frozen version where the only updates are security patches
- testing : future stable version under test before releasecation
- unstable : nicknamed Sid, this is a constantly evolving version, endlessly fed by new packages or updates to already existing packages
Currently the stable version of Debian is version 10 named Buster.
Finally not to be confused with the architectures:
- amd64 : for PCs with 64-bit Intel and AMD processors
- i386 : for PCs with 32-bit Intel and AMD processors
Download Debian ISOs (Linux)
You can download two types of Debian ISOs:
- NetInstall : It 's installation by internet. This is a lightweight 330 MB ISO file. This is used to initiate the installation and software installation will be done over the Internet. ISO is forme debian-10.0.0-amd64-netinst.iso
- Full Image : This contains all the software available in the distro. To be used if your PC does not have an internet connection
From the Debian site
The link to download Debian ISOs from the Official site.
To download the netinstall ISO from Debian , you just click on the link and it starts.
For the complete image, we arrive on a page with the three links.
Well done! successfully downloaded the Debian ISOs from the official site. <- # tablepress-91 from cache -> <- # tablepress-90 from cache -> <- # tablepress-89 from cache -> <- # tablepress-87 from cache ->
Finally the two articles which guide you to successfully install Debian on your PC.
The first gives all the steps to install Debian alone:
Installing Linux Debian: the complete guide
The second It's in Dual-boot, you install Debian in addition next to Windows 10 on your PC:
Installing Debian in dual-boot with Windows 10: the complete guide
Finally it is quite possible to test Linux without touching anything to your installation thanks to VirtualBox.
Virtualbox: run Linux Ubuntu, Windows or Debian in a machine virtualee
Links You found this article useful and interesting, do not hesitate to share it ...
Download Debian ISO version 10 (Buster)