second search engine in the world. Its users act on the videos they see, since 70% of them say they have abranded after seeing their content on YouTube.
Besides product purchases, how do you keep viewers interested in your channel and watch more videos? End screens. In this article, we'll explain what an end screen is, how to create one, share high-quality examples from existing strings, and recommend template options you can use to build your own.
What is a YouTube end screen?
End screens, also known as video outputs, are tools that YouTube offers creators to inspire viewers to take action after the video is finished. Your end screens might show links to different videos or playlists, subscribe to CTAs, links to approved websites, or links to other channels.
These items are displayed above the last seconds of playbackof your videos. They are different from the automatically generated annotations by YouTube because you can choose the content yourself.
How to create a YouTube end screen
You can create YouTube end screens directly in your YouTube account, and below we will see how to add screen elements from end your videos.
1. Log into your YouTube account.
2. In the upper right corner, select your account icon, then YouTube Studio.
3. In the left menu, select Content.
4. If you want to add an end screen to an existing video, select the video, click the icon shaped like a pencil (shown below) and go to the next step.
5. If you want to add an end screen to a new video, select the Create button at the top right of your screen to download the video file.
6. After completing step four or five, selectSelect the Video Elements tab, as shown below.
7. You should then see the option Add end screen when importing from an existing video or adding the yours.
8. Select the end screen elements you want to add to your video, fill in the required information and click Create Element.
9. To add Other customizations, you can adjust the size and location of each item on the final screen and how long each is displayed.
10. You can preview the end screen by selecting Preview in the upper left corner or simply selectSave to finalize your end screen.
YouTube End Screen Examples
Claire Saffitz Dessert Person
The example below is an end screen for Clare's channel Saffitz, Dessert Person. While it might seem basic, the job is done with a CTA directing viewers to other videos on the channel and a subion n.
New York Times Cooking
The NYT Cooking channel also uses a simple end screen for their videos which feature a simple subscribe button. This is the benefit of end screens because they can contain one of the favorite actions you hope your viewers take, from subscribing to your channel to watching your other videos.
You may have noticed that this list is surprisingly thematic on food, but that's what I watch on youtube. Food52 adapts a lot to their outro with links to other videos, a click button to subscribe and a link to their store online. Since their website is not a YouTube approved link, they just added it to their final screen template as a text element.
History Channel - Ancient Recipes
History Channel uses all four elements of a final screen : links to playlists, other videos, a buttonsubion and a link to their website. So many choices for their viewers!
Vice uses a unique, animated final screen to capture the attention of its viewers. The words "Watch more " flash across the screen in different languages, along with links to two more videos.
Standard YouTube End Screen Dimensions
The instructions above explain how to create an end screen in YouTube Creator Studio, but you can also download yours. To do this, it is essential to s 'Make sure the dimensions are correct.
The standard size is 1280px by 720px, and the standard HD aspect ratio is 1920px by 1080px. The image below is an example of an end screen template that you can use to create your own. Below we recommend you to use more templates.
YouTube end screen templates
As long as you can certainly design one on YouTube or byshooting from scratch, there are different templates you can use that will help you create a high quality final screen that meets your branding needs. Let's review some resources below. below.
- Canva : Create a custom end screen with a pre- drank ilt model or from scratch. You can include illustrations, icons, stickers and even animated effects.
- Snappa : Free, customizable YouTube end screen templates that have been professionally designed. Simply select a template, create an account, and you're ready to start designing.
- YouTube : Many channels have uploaded predefined templates available for download. You can browse the videos, select your preferred model, go to deion area and download your preferred option.
YouTube end screen duration
End screens are played for the last five to 20 seconds of your videos. Make sure that the elements youchoose to include appear at the right time to maximize the impact of your final screen listings, as the goal is to get users to take extra action with your channel and generate more views and engagement.
If you want to add CTAs to other parts of your videos, you can do so with YouTube cards. Here is a tutorial on making maps from YouTube Creator Academy.
How to turn off the YouTube end screen
If you want to remove an end screen of your YouTube video, follow these steps:
1. Log into your YouTube account.
2. In the upper right corner, click theyour account icon and select YouTube Studio.
3. On the menu screen on the left side of your page, select Content. You should then see a list of all your YouTube videos.
4. Select the pencil icon on the video you want to remove the end screen from.
5. Click Video Elements.
6. On the completion screen, click Edit Item.
7. Click delete.
As the creator, only you can remove end screens from your videos, so you can make sure people see this that you want them to see see.
Use high quality end screens to capture the audience's attention again.
If your audience watched your videos to the end, you've got their attention. However, you don't want to lose their attention after the video is finished; you want them to stay engaged.
The end screens vous will help re-capture audience attention and get them to watch another video or convert them to subscribers. If you want to spend more time on the platform, check out how to make money on YouTube and essential YouTube statistics that specialists marketers need to know.