★ In this section, you are the hero. You can monitor, manage, collect data, and diagnose data.
Figure 1. Windows Endpoint - Data & Di agnostic control.
✓ Data retention period: They store and keep them for as long as necessary.
In this article, we will learn how to solve these problems with five different options.
- (I) Option I- Using TaskScheduler.
- (ii) Option II- Diagnostic service.
- (iii) Option III- Using the command prompt.
- (iv) Option IV- Group Policy Editor (GPE).
- (v) Option V- Diagnostics & Feedback - -> How to check your diagnostic and feedback data.
- (vi) Option VI - Registry Editor.
Option I - Using TaskScheduler
★ To deactivate / deactivate this service, please be sure to follow the steps below:
In the search box, type "Task Scheduler App ", and then click it.
2. To access the "Application Experience folder window", navigate to the path as shown in figure 2:
Figure 2. Application of task scheduler: navigate to this path.
3. In the Application Experience folder, click on the first option "Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser".
4. Just right click on it, select “Disable” as shown in figure 3.
Figure 3. CMicrosoft Evaluator Compatibility - Disable it.
5. Close the "Task Scheduler App " application and check the "task scheduler " if these problems persist.
Option II - Diagnostic service
★ By disabling this commenting service, you can also improve system performance. Once you deactivate it, you cannot participate in the comments process.
In the search box, type "Services ", then click on it as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4. Search services in the Start menu.
2. To access the "Application Experience folder window", navigate to the path.
3. Right click and click Properties. Now choose Disabled in the Sta type rtup .
Figure 5. Startup Type - Choose Disabled.
4. First click on "Apply", then on "OK".
Option III - Using the command prompt
★ All of our options goals are to turn off "Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry". In this CMD, we enter a few commands and keep entering them.
Press Windows + R key to open a "Run module ", then Enter "cmd" in the search box and continue as administrator.
Figure 6. Open a command prompt.
2. To run" cmd "as administrator, follow the steps st eps as shown in figure 7.
Right click on the cmd and choose Run as administrator.
Figure 7. Run as administrator.
3. Now feed each command one by one and hit the enter button at the end of the command.
sc delete DiagTrack sc delete dmwappushservice echo " "> C: P rogramData M icrosoft D iagnosis E TLLogs A utoLogger A utoLogger-DiagTrack-Listener.etl red add "HKLM S OFTWARE P olicies Microsoft W indows D ataCollection "/ v AllowTelemtery / t REG_DWORD / d 0 / f
Option IV- Group Policy Editor (GPE)
The last option seems to be a quick fix for high CPU usage caused by " Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry ". We are going to use Group Policy Editor (GPR) to disable compatelrunner.exe. Let's start the adventure!
To open an Execute command Press Windows + R key to open the "Execute Module ". Now start typing gpedit.msc and enter OK, as shown in figure 8.
Figure 8. Opening of a GPE.
3. Now navigate to the Group Policy Editor (GPE) as shown in this tree.
Figure 9. Access the telemetry properties of Group Policy Editor (GPE).
4. Now it is time to double-click on Allow Telemetry.
5. Select "Disabled ", then click Apply "OK ".
6) On your keyboard, press Ctrl + Alt + Esc (all together) to open your task manager, check if "Microsoft compatibility telemetry " Using normal disk usage.
✓ Option V - Diagnostics & Feedback -> How to check your diagnostic and feedback data?
To open the settings, click on the menu Start > Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics and comments.
Figure 10. Opening a Diagnostics & feedback.
Figure 11. Choosing the required diagnostic data.
2. Now if your computer has chosen optional diagnostic data, deselect them and choose Required diagnostic data as shown in figure 11.
Go to Start , then select Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics and comments .
2. Now click on Under Personalized Experiences , choose the setting you prefer.
Figure 12. Handwriting and typing, personalized experience, diagnostic data: turn it off. Go to Start , then select Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics and comments .
2. Make sure that the Diagnostic data viewer setting is enabled On , then select Diagnostic Data Viewer .
To delete your dataDiagnostic data
★ Under Delete diagnostic data , you can delete diagnostic data from your device.
Figure 13. Delete diagnostic data from your computer.
Note: deletion data here is not synchronized with your user account, nor does it prevent your diagnostic data from being sent to Microsoft. So theystill moved away from your back to get the data haha.
✓ Option VI - Registry Editor
Option V Warning: If the registry is edited incorrectly, you may reinstall or restore your operating system. I warned you before. Edit the registry at your own risk.
Quote of the day: Life is what you make it
- English proverb
Explanation: Simple words that are so true. Your attitude, the way you see your world will depend on the happiness and contentment in your life. And, it is we who control our attitude. How we react to any situation is up to us.
Thanks for reading! Previously posted at https : //gtmars.medium.com/how-can-i-permanently-turn-off-or-disable-the-microsoft-compatibility-telemetry-task-to-prevent-aa9f0a264295