Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers meetwill be favored over the Atlanta Falcons in Week 2 of the ... 2021 NFL Season (AP Photo / Scott Audette) ASSOCIATED PRESS
Week 2 of the 2021 NFL season is approaching not. It kicks off with the Thursday Night Football season opener of the season, which will feature the New York Giants and Washington football team.
This NFC East rivalry game is expected to be exciting, especially after both teams started the new campaign with a loss last weekend. The stakes are high and every team will be desperate for a win to keep their playoff dream alive.
Only 30 teams since 1990 have made a playoff appearance after losing back-to-back games. Even last year when the playoff bracket endedExtended to 14 teams, none of the 11 clubs that started the year 0-2 managed to reach the playoffs.
The addition of a 17th th regular season game in 2021 eases the blow slightly, but none of the 16 franchises that lost last week will be satisfied afterwards. week 2 without reverting to .500. Teams like the Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills and Green Bay Packers, all expected to be legitimate Super Bowl contenders this year, will look to bounce back in Week 2 after disappointing performances in their respective first season games. .
With teams now settling into a routine and Week 1 nerves in rear view, bettors will want to keep a close eye on the schedule for the games to come. Disabled people can liken try to get a real feel for how each team will perform this year after week 2. With plenty of bands and stats to glean information on, the betting lines will start to tighten towards the end of September.
Don't pass up a chance to capitalize on another set of relatively smooth lines without taking advantage. Bookies are still setting odds for these Week 2 matches based on the public perception of last year's teams, which more savvy punters can easily take advantage of.
If you are looking for help finding the best teams to back up your betting or pool picks, you have come to the right place. Below you can find a set of NFL betting trends and winning predictions for some of this week's best games. Before moving on to the choices, check the table below for the full schedule, start times, channelss television, live broadcast information and updated odds for each ongoing game during week 2 of the 2021 NFL season courtesy of FanDuel .
NFL Week 2 Viewing and Betting Guide
Thursday night football will be broadcast live via NFL.com , " Sunday Night Football via NBC " Sports and Monday Night Football via WatchESPN .
NFL Week 2 betting trends
- The Cincinnati Bengals went 47-32- 3 ATS (against spread) as a team road since 2011 . With a coverage rate of 59.5%, the Bengals have been the second best football club to bet as visors in the past decade. After winning and covering in Week 1 at home, Cincinnati will look to improve their road record in Week 2. The team will travel to face the Chicago Bears, who were just 36-43-2 at Soldier Field in the same period. -as three-point outsiders.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers went 3-0 SU (rights) and ATS in games, they had a rest advantage last year . With more time to prepare and recover, quarterback Tom Brady and head coach Bruce Arians have been impossible to beat so far. The Bucs enter nowentering their Week 2 game with the Atlanta Falcons with three more days of preparation time after their season opener win over the Dallas Cowboys last Thursday. Tampa is on the board with 11.5 chalk points in this NFC South rivalry game.
- The Houston Texans are 5-1 SU and 6-0 ATS in their last six games with the Cleveland Browns . Despite their underdog status with the lowest projected win total in the NFL this year, the Texans opened their campaign with an upset against the Jacksonville Jaguars last week. The victory took quarterback Tyrod Taylor to 5-0 ATS since leaving the Buffalo Bills in 2018. Houston will be the biggest dog in the table in Week 2 and currently earns 12.5 points in this next matchup against Cleveland.
- The San Francisco 49ers do nothave only 17-12 SU and 9-19-1 ATS as favorites since 2017 . The team has struggled like chalk since head coach Kyle Shanahan took the reins, a stretch that includes an ugly 2-6 SU and ATS showing when he was favored last year. The Niners started the 2021 campaign with a win, but failed to beat the 9.5-point count in a 41-33 win over the lowly Detroit Lions. Bettors installed San Francisco as a 3.5-point road favorite against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.
- The OVER is 21-5-1 since Ryan Tannehill started playing for the Tennessee Titans in mid-2019. campaign n . The veteran quarterback injected much needed firepower into this offense, pushing the total consistently above the top line in Tennessee competitions. The team looked lethargic in Week 1, scoring onlyent 13 points and failing to eclipse the total of 54 points in a 38-13 loss to the Arizona Cardinals. The Titans will look to revive their offense in Week 2 when they face the Seattle Seahawks in a 53.5-point game.
Best NFL Week 2 bet
Miami Dolphins vs. Buffalo Bills
A pair of rivals from AFC East will battle it out for
Buffalo has controlled this series lately, winning seven of the last eight games against Miami, including five consecutive. Things have been a little more level against the spread for the past four years, with Buffalo holding only a slight 5-3 advantage against the spread.
The Bills took a resounding victory in the last meeting,exploding offensively in a 56-26 blowout despite entering the show as a 3.5 point dog. That ended up being the most points the Bills scored in a single game all season.
The Dolphins also had some of the best defenses in football last year, especially home. They gave up just 21.1 points per game to the opposition, dropping that number to 19.0 at home - good for football's third best score.
The total has topped in each of the last five contests, with these teams tending to engage in relatively big business when they meet in recent times. Since the start of the 2015 campaign, the Buffalo-Miami games have gone from 9-2-1 at the end.
The Dolphins will be a 3.5-point underdog in this game, but don't count them by any means. Bettors have learned not to underestimate this team as a 'dog with Tua Tagovailoa under the centre, because the "Phins are now 4-0 against the gap". at this location since second-year QB took the reins. That includes an outright win as a 3.5-point road underdog in the season opener against rival New England Patriots.
MIAMI GARDENS, FLORIDA - AUG 21: Tua Tagovailoa # 1 of the Miami Dolphins reacts to a touch ... led by # 37 Myles Gaskin against the Atlanta Falcons in a preseason game at Hard Rock Stadium on August 21, 2021 in Miami Gardens, Fla. (Photo by Michael Reaves / Images) Images
An X factor for Miami is the return of the Star player Will Fuller V, who started the year serving the remainder of his league-distributed PED suspension last season. With the veteran wide receiver set to make his Dolphins debut, the Miami offensive gets another much-needed weapon that Tagovailoa has to offer. 'press.
The 'Phins committed a pedestrian attack last year - averaging 339.0 yards and 25.3 points per game - and struggled in their opener of 2021 The team tied with Washington for the fifth-shortest offensive yards in Week 1, barely generating enough points to scratch New England in a 17-16 victory. With Fuller now in the fold and joining No.6 pick Jaylen Waddle, who scored on his pro debut, the Miami offense is set for better days.
Given the difficulty of the Bills in Week 1, battling 23-16 by a Pittsburgh Steelers foe they had to beat by a touchdown - they'll need to turn things around quickly to keep their Miami winning streak alive.
Buffalo always deserves an advantage due to its powerful attack led by rising star Josh Allen anda veteran defensive unit, but putting 3.5 points is too much here. It will be difficult to support a road team that hasn 't started having a good season and is now playing a rivals in a hostile environment. this one should finish the basket, making the dolphins the team to bet on against the spread.
Choose: Dolphins +3.5
Prediction: Bills 24 - Dolphins 23
Week 2 NFL bonus predictions
Cleveland Browns vs. Houston Texans
Pick: Texans +12.5
Chicago Bear vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Choose: Bengals +3.5
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Atlanta Falcons
Picks: Buccaneers -11.5