Nick Diaz is back so much waitingdue at UFC. Chris Unger / Zuffa LLC
Nick Diaz hasn't fought in six years but , tonight he makes his return to the Octagon.
There are other major fights on UFC 266. The Featherweight Champion Alexander "Volkanovski confronts Jiu Jitsu scholar Brian Ortega and we have another chance to see unbeatable Valentina Shevchenko play - but you can guarantee all eyes will be on Nick Diaz this weekend as he returns to the Octagon.
Receive the CNET Culture newsletter Explore movies, games, superheroes and more with CNET Culture. Delivered Tuesdays and Fridays.
Nick Diaz hasn't competed since fighting Anderson Silva at UFC 183 in 2015. Since then, his brother Nate " Diaz forged his own legend, defeating Conor McGregor and becoming the ' one of MMA's biggest stars in the art process. But Nick Diaz was historically the more famous of the two. His return is huge news.
And the matchmaking for his return is sublime. At UFC 266, Nick Diaz faces off against legendary compatriot Robbie Lawler.
This one is a long awaited rematch. Diaz and Lawler have fought in UFC since 2004 and the fight has been incredible. Since both fighters are much older and far from their prime, now is the perfect time for a perfect fight.
You can watch their first fight below.
Who wins this time around? It really is a draw. No one knows what form Nick Diaz is in, but Lawler has been struggling lately. My gut tells me that Lawler is the safe bet here, because he 's considerableent improved from the first fight and has been much more active over the past decade. There's also the fact that Nick Diaz recently called for the fight to move from welterweight to middleweight. Does Diaz have weight issues? Maybe.
Diaz and Lawler just got their first stare at a press conference today.
We don't. 'have no idea what Nick Diaz is showing and that's what makes this fight so exciting.
UFC 266 start time
The UFC 266 main card starts at 10 p.m. EDT (7 p.m. PDT) but here are all the details for multiple time zones.
- The main card begins September 25 at 10 p.m. EDT (7 p.m. PDT).
- Preliminaries begin September 25 at 8 p.m. ET. EDT (5:00 p.m. PDT).
- First preliminaries begin September 25 at 6:00 p.m. EDT (3:15 p.m. PDT).
- Main card begins Sept. 26bre at 3:00 a.m. BST.
- Preliminaries begin September 26 at 1:00 a.m. PST.
- First preliminaries begin September 25 at 11:00 p.m. BST.
- The main card begins September 26 at noon AEST.
- Preliminary starts September 26 at 10 a.m. AEST.
- The first preliminaries begin on September 26 at 8:00 a.m. AEST.
How to watch UFC 266
UFC has now a partnership with ESPN. This is great news for UFC and the expansion of the sport of MMA, but bad news for consumer choice. Especially if you are one of the UFC fans who want to watch UFC in the US.
In the US, if you want to know how to watch UFC 266, you don't find that the fight night in PPV via ESPN "Plus The cost structure is a bit confusing, but yohere the options for watching UFC on ESPN, according to the site "from ESPN :
- Existing annual ESPN Plus subscribers can order "the next UFC fight for $ 70 .
- Existing monthly ESPN Plus subscribers will be able to either upgrade to an annual plan and buy UFC PPV for $ 85, or buy the option to watch the UFC event on PPV for $ 70 by itself.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers can purchase a UFC PPV (HD broadcast) event package and an annual recurring ESPN Plus subion for $ 90. It's a good thing. The previous bundle gave a saving of 25% but this new bundle is a saving of 35%. ESPN Plus Annual Subion ESPN will renew automatically after one year, at the cost of ESPN Plus Annual Subion upon auto-renewal.that.
You can do all of the above at the link below. SEE ON ESPN PLUS
Fans MMAs in UK can watch UFC 266 exclusively "via BT Sport . There are more options if you live in Australia . You can watch UFC 266 via the Main Event on Foxtel. You can also watch "on the UFC website or using its app . You can even order at " using your PlayStation or using the UFC app on your Xbox.
Need more international viewing options? Try a VPN for change your IP address to access the US, UK or Australian options listed above. See best " VPNs currently recommended by CNET editors .
UFC 266 fight card
- Alexander Volkanovski v Brian Ortega
- Valentina Shevchenko v Lauren Murphy
- Nick Diaz v Robbie Lawler
- Curtis Blaydes v Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Jessica Andrade vs. Cynthia Calvillo
- Marlon Moraes vs. Merab Dvalishlivi
- Dan Hooker vs. Nasrat Haqparast
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Chris Daukaus
- Manon Fiorot vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
- Karl Roberson vs. Nick Maximov
- Matthew Semelsberger vs. Martin Sano