These cursors stack on the flavor.
A good meatball is great on its own - but this recipe for slidersCheesy meatballs is all about going the extra mile when it comes to fixings and condiments.
It takes ground beef wrapped around wedges of creamy Babybel cheese and drizzled with barbecue sauce, then the meatballs are topped with smoked gouda for even more cheesy delight.
These barbecue sliders are full of Babybel cheese and smoky gouda. (Quiche My Grits)
Here's how to prepare the dish that is sure to be the talk of your next barbecue.
MEATBALL CHEESY SLIDERS WITH BBQ SAUCE
(Recipe courtesy of the Food Blog Quiche My Grits )
- ground beef - use 85% for best results
- panko bread crumbs - make a great binder
- egg - hold it all together
- onion - gives meatballs great flavor
- sweet red pepper - a little goes a long way
- steak seasoning - the perfect spice
- Koss sauce - the star of this recipe!
- Babybel cheese - melts perfectly in the middle
- smoked gouda cheese - adds a smoky flavor
- brioche buns - hold sauce well
- butter - use to brush tops of buns
- bagel seasoning - the final touch
1 - Chop the onionon and red pepper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2 - In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, red pepper, onion, steak seasoning and Koss sauce until blended.
THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS SAY THEIR BEST MEMORIES COME FROM FAMILY BARBECUES
HOW TO MAKE MEATBALLS
1 - With a one-inch spoon or your hands, roll the ground beef mixture into small balls about 1 inch in diameter. Place on a baking sheet to make 24 meatballs.
2 - Use the back of a cookie spoon to make an indentation in each meatball.
3 - Cut each slice of Babybell cheese into 4 wedges and insert one in the middle of each meatball.
4 - Roll the ground beef mixture around the cheese to create a ball. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven.
HOW TO MAKE CURSORS
1 - Cut the sliding rollers lengthwise in the middle and place the bottom halves in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Place 2 meatballs on each roll.
2 - Drizzle the meatballs with Koss sauce, then top with slices of smoked gouda.
3 - Place the top rolls on the cheese and brush them with melted butter. Finish with a pinch of bagel seasoning.
4 - Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for an additional 15 minutes.