With the 2021 football season in full swing, now is the perfect time to try "Tailgate Meatballs
The recipe, from the Southern food blog Quiche My Grits , are "made to travel ", making them an ideal aperitif on your next night before or on game day, according to the creator of the blog Debi Morgan .
In his blog post , Morgan explains that his "Tailgate Meatballs " are also a delicious main course served over rice.
DEVIL DIP SHRIMP FOR A SNACK NFL GAME DAY FLAVOR
Meatballs are "easy to make from scratch," Morgan wrote, adding: " The only difficult part is trying to decide which sauce to add. "
" Tailgate Meatballs, "from the Southern Food Blog Quiche My Grits, are an ideal appetizer on your next night before or on your game. (Courtesy of Quiche My Grits)
She went on to say that she had used marinara, sweet and sour, barbecue, Thai and even grape jelly.
In her recipe tips, Morgan wrote: "Any sauce works well with those meatballs. You can use your own or use pre-made sauces from the store. "
HONEY FRIED BUTTER CHICKEN COOKIES FOR YOUR NFL FOOTBALL PARTY: TRY THE RECIPE
For try them yourself, here is the " Tailgate Meatballs "recette de Quiche My Grits .
2 lbs 85% ground beef
1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (can use gluten free)
½ tsp grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup dried onion flakes
2 teaspoons dried steak seasoning
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
1 large egg, beaten
Blog creator Debi Morgan wrote in her blog post that "the only hard part " in making these meatballs is todecide which sauce to use. (Courtesy of Quiche My Grits)
1. P heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Scoop the mixture with a melon spoon and roll with your hands into a ball about 1 inch in diameter.
4. Grease the baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
5. Place the meatballs on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until fully cooked.
6. Transfer the meatballs to a slow cooker or cast iron skillet.
7. Smother with your favorite sauce.
8. Simmer the meatballs over low heat until ready to serve with toothpicks.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER