When lit like this, Alexa is listening. Sarah Tew /
From original Amazon Echo the smart speaker has been launched, the 'one of the defining design features of the brand has been the light ring - or in the case of Echo Show ( $ 150 at Best Buy ) smart poster, the light bar. When you say " Alexa , " the light turns blue then swirls as Alexa processes your voice command . But when the light flashes yellow, swirls white, or alternates between blue and cyan, what does that mean?
The light ring serves as a status indicator and notification light for all kinds of information, it turns out. When the Echo ringtone or Show bar light up with different colors, Alexa is trying to tell you something important.
Here's what those colors mean.
Learn more: 22 tips for your new Amazon Echo '>
Look at this: The Amazon Echo Show 5 helps Alexa adapt perfectly to your ... 8:39
Waiting for you ...
Most of the time, the light ring remains off. If the device is plugged ine and no indicator light comes on, this means that the loudspeaker is active and waiting for you to say the wake-up call. When you interact with Alexa, you will see white and various shades of blue.
- If you say the wake word or manually wake up Alexa, the light ring will turn solid blue and a small section of cyan will point in the direction of the person who speaks.
- Solid blue with rotating cyan after saying a command means that Alexa is processing your request. This also happens when the speaker is turned on.
- Alternation of blue and cyan when Alexa responds to a command or a request.
- The ring light will show the volume percentage in white when you manually turn on the ring light on the Amazon Echo or the first generation Echo Dot , press the volume up or down on the Echo Dot second generation or tell Alexa to adjust the volume.
When the red light is on, the Alexa microphone has been disabled . Tyler Lizenby /
Just so you know. ..
The light ring will also let you know if there are problems with Alexa. Status indicators are red, purple, or amber.
- Flashing purple indicates that there was a problem configuring the Wi-Fi.
- Therotating in orange means that the device is currently connecting to your network.
- Solid red means the microphone has been muted and Alexa is not actively listening to your commands.
- A rotating blue light that ends in a purple flash indicates that Do Not Disturb has been activated.
- A purple flash after interacting with Alexa means Do Not Disturb Disturbance is still on.
- A continuously rotating white light means that Alexa Guard is in Away mode.
When the green light is on, a call comes in. Amazon
Something to share ...
Now that Alexa allows yousend messages and make calls, Amazon introduced two new colors for notifications: green and yellow.
- A flashing green light indicates an incoming call.
- A blinking green light means that you are currently on an active call or Drop In.
- A flashing yellow light tells you that you have messages in your inbox. For more information, you can say "Listen to my messages " or "Check my notifications ".
The Echo Show has a handy screen for communicating with users ... but it still uses colored light bands at the bottom of this screen. Chris Monroe /
The show continues ...
Unlike to the Amazon Echo smart speakers, the Echo Show boasts a full display. But the device still uses light signals similar to its speaker counterparts, and they appear at the bottom of the screen in a thin strip. Here are the meanings of the colors:
- A solid strip of blue with a cyan dot indicating the direction of the speaker will appear when you say the wake up word.
- A continuous band of red means the microphone and camera have been disabled. After a few seconds, the light turns off, leaving a microphone / camera symbol turned off in the box.in the upper right of the screen.
- A orange stripe means that your Echo Show is experiencing network connectivity issues.
- A stripe of purple means you have set the Echo Show to do not disturb mode. After a few seconds, the light will turn off, leaving a crescent moon symbol in the upper right corner of the screen.
Discover smart gadgets and internet tips and tricks with our fun and ingenious tutorials.