Let's face it, TikTok is the moment.
And with 1 billion monthly active users , it's time to join the action and bring your brand to a wider audience!
Want to learn how to make a TikTok video but don't know where to start? Do not worry ! We've broken down all the steps and tools you'll need to create a virus-worthy first video and make sure your debut is anything but cringe. Table of contents How to create a TikTok account How to create a TikTok video How to create a TikTok with multiple videos 5 things to know before creating your first TikTok
Download the full report on social trends to get an in-depth analysis of t The data you need to prioritize and plan your social strategy in 2022.
How to create a TikTok account
First, you will need create a TikTok Account .
There are different ways to create one: you can use your phone number, email address, or social media account. Here's how to do this using your phone number.
1. Download TikTok from Google Play or the App Store.
2 . Open the TikTok app on your iPhone or Android.
3. Click on the " Me " or " Profile " icon at the bottom right of your screen.
4. Choose a method to register (we choose "use phone or email ")
5. Enter your date of birth and your telephone numberdo (make sure they are correct, as this is how you will recover passwords and confirm your account).
6. Enter the 6 digit code sent to this phone number (see, I told you!)
7. You did it! Celebrate by scrolling TikTok for too many hours.
How to create a TikTok video
Here's how to start your very first TikTok video. Lucky for you, it 's much easier than learning this TikTok Shuffle dance .
1. Tap the + sign at the bottom of your screen.
2. You can downloadphotos and videos from your phone's library or make a video directly using the TikTok camera.
3. If you are saving directly, press the Save button at the bottom of the screen. Press again when finished recording. The default video mode is " Fast " which is for 15 second videos, but you can switch it to " Camera " for more editing options and longer videos (15s, 60s and 3 min) or " Templates " to create a specific video style.
4. Press the check mark when you are done shooting all your footage.
5. Make modifications or modifications on the post page. All your changes can be found in the right sidebar of the screen. Also add music or sounds by pressing " Add sound " at the top of the screen.
6. Post this video and share it everywhere ! Make sure to include a deion with hashtags so that it finds its way to your audience.
How to create a TikTok with multiple videos
Instead of taking a long video, why not capture shorter videos and edit them together to create your TikTok video? Here is how to do this (and you don't need a film degree).
1. Press the " + " sign to start your video
2. You can either shoot multiple videos directly by pressing this record button after each clip, building your video with different shots. Or, you can press the " button Download "next to the record button and add multiple videos and photos that you have stored on your phone.
Download the full social trends report to get in-depth analysis of the data you need to prioritize and plan your social strategyale in 2022.
3. Select all your media and press Next .
4. You can now sync audio on your videos and make adjustments (or try “Auto sync” which will sync for you.)
5. Press Next when finished. You will be taken to a preview screen where you can add sounds, more effects, text.te and stickers.
6. Tap Next when you are done editing your video and go to the Publish screen.
7. Do not forget to put a deion and some hashtags and bingo-bango-bongo you are the Steven Spielberg of TikTok!
5 things to know before creating your first TikTok
TikTok style is less polished than other types of videos
Don't worry about being too valuable with your videos. On TikTok, videos are meant to be candid and natural, and they should show your personality. Things like perfect edits, transitions douces or impeccable lighting shouldn't hamper your idea and your own charisma.
Of course, there is a lot of edition options , effects and filters to choose from (what is the difference between filters B3 and G4 anyway?) Candid , I don't know what it is.
You don't need to dance
Good news! You don 't need to spend 2 hours trying to perfect the LaLisa Dance Tutorial to make sure your video stands out (unless you want to, then no judgment here!).
There are so many different ways from eng your followers that doesn't require you to jump and lock in your living room in front of a ring light (but again, no judgment if you do, except maybe your pet and his adorable eyes who judge).
You don't have to try anything either.
Hashtags can help more people see your post
It's no secret that a good hashtag can do a lot for TikTok. Using hashtags strategically will help people find your videos that aren't already following you, and maybe even see them on their Page For You (FYP).
Find the best hashtags to increase your views and help get your content recognized by the algorithm . You 've worked so hard on it, you might as well show it off large number.
The right song can go a long way
Attaching a trending song to your video or audio from a popular TikTok video can help it be seen by more people. This app has a lot of music (a lot of new songs are intentional ally promoted through the app to help them climb the music charts), so associate your video with one of these shooting stars will only help you stand out more and in front of new audiences.
Your greatest asset is you
N 'y don't think too much, just come up with a simple idea and let your personality shine through. The sense of intimacy and community that TikTok brings is why people love this app. It feels personal.
Even if you doIt's a TikTok challenge or trend that's popular, the thing that will make you stand out is your unique take on it. It's not about gimmicks, it's about giving your best. Nothing should seem overly staged or self-aware (this is cringe territory). Imagine your audience is your good friend and approach them with that energy!