Israel Adesanya is on the hunt for his second UFC title. Josh Hedges / Zuffa LLC via Getty Images
UFC 259 is almoste there. Forget Conor McGregor , forget Usman vs. Burns - this is the card of the cards. This is the one you should excite. Three title fights. Three. And not just any title fight, very good.
The main event is particularly exciting. The champion UFC middleweight (and pending mega-star) Israel Adesanya moves up one weight class to become the latest UFC "champion-champion" to take on heavyweight champion UFC lighters recently crowned Jan Blachowicz. VIEW AT ES PN PLUS
The best choices from Editors Subscribe now for the day's most interesting reviews, news and videos.
Blachowicz is a monstrous hitter and Adesanya could be the best pure forward in the UFC. matador-bull match is sure to have everyone on the edge of their seat for as long as it lasts.
But we can also see the best fighter ever. Amanda Nunes defends her featherweight crown against Australian star Megan Anderson. Apart from a rematch with Cris Cyborg, this is probably the big UFC gesturing women fighting out there right now. I can't wait for that one.
We get equalIt was also a title fight in perhaps the ufc 's most stacked pision: bantamweight. petr yan vs. aljamain sterling is a battle between probably two of the best cock in the world right now. can't wait to see how this one plays out.
How to watch UFC 259
This year, UFC has entered into a new partnership with ESPN. This is good news for UFC and the expansion of the sport of MMA, but bad news for consumer choice. Especially if you are one of the UFC fans who want to watch UFC live in the United States.
In the US, if you want to know how to watch UFC 259, you will only find the night fight on PPV via ESPN Plus . The cost structure is a bit confusing, but here are the options for watching UFC on ESPN, according to ESPN site :
- Existing annual ESPN Plus subscribers can order the next UFC fight $ 70 .
- Existing monthly ESPN Plus subscribers will either be able to upgrade to an annual plan and purchase UFC PPV for $ 85, or purchase the option to watch the UFC event on PPV for $ 70 on their own.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers can purchase a UFC PPV Event Bundle (HD Broadcast) and ESPN Plus Annual Recurring Membership for $ 90. It's a good thing. The previous offeredente allowed a saving of 25% but this new unit represents a saving of 35%. The ESPN Annual ESPN Plus Membership will renew automatically after one year, at the cost of an ESPN Plus Annual Membership at the time of auto-renewal.
You can do all of the above via the link below. SEE ON ESPN PLUS
MMA fans in UK can watch UFC 259 exclusively via BT Sport . There are more options ifyou live in Australia . You can watch UFC 259 via Main Event on Foxtel. You can also watch on the UFC website or using its app . You can even order data using your PlayStation or using the UFC app on your Xbox .
Based on previous UFC times, this is the schedule we are expecting ...
- Main board starts March 6 at 10 p.m. ET (19h HP).
- Preliminaries begin March 6 at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT).
- Preliminaries begin March 6 at 6:00 p.m. ET (3:00 p.m. PT).
- The main card starts March 7 at 3 a.m.
- March 7, 1 a.m. GMT.
- Preliminary starts on March 6, 23:00 GMT.
- The main card starts March 7 at 2 p.m. AEDT.
- Preliminaries begin March 7 at 12 p.m. AEDT.
- The preliminaries begin on March 7 at 10:00 a.m. AEDT.
Given the volatility and fluidity of previous fight cards in the COVID-19 era, expect that one - here is cut and changed. I really expect to see a few more fights added to this one.
- Jan Blachowicz vs. Israel Adesanya
- Amanda Nunes vs. Megan Anderson
- Petr Yav vs. Aljamain Sterling
- Thiago Santos vs Aleksandar Rakic
- Dominick Cruz vs Casey Kenney
- Song Yadong vs. Kyler Phillips
- Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Carlos Ulberg
- Sean Brady vs. Jake Matthews
- Rogerio Bontorin vs. Kai Kara France