If you are using the Chrome browser on the Internet, you may have already encountered the error message" Err_Connection_Timed_Out ( "err timed out - This site is inaccessible ... took too long to respond "). It usually appears at the same time as a message indicating that a web page cannot be loaded . It just means that the target server is taking too long to send a response (usually more than 30 seconds, then the browser displays the error), so the error message indicates a communication problem .
- What does" Err_Connection_Timed_Out?
- How to resolve the error" Err_Connection_Timed_Out?
- How can I prevent" Err_Connection_Timed_Out?
What does "Err_Connection_Timed_Out?
Translated roughly, "Err_Connection_Timed_Out means that the connection takes too long when loading a web page . When a request is sent to the target server , it does not respond within 30 seconds and the browser ends the communication attempt. The consequence is that no content can be loaded, after which the browser issues this standard message. don't worry: this is one of the most harmless error messages . With a few simple tips, you can resolve the Err_Connection_Timed_Out yourself.
How to resolve the error "Err_Connection_Timed_Out?
First, make sure you have a working Internet connection , an up-to-date web browser , a malware-free computer . Often, it can also be useful when looking for the problem of accessing the website you failed to access with a other browser . If the corresponding page works with Firefox or Edge, for example, but not in Chrome, it means that the Google web browser is responsible for the problem. Here are some tips that you can use to fix this problem yourself.
Repair the hosts file (Windows)
The hosts file is, under Windows , responsible for controlling the servers based on the IP address. Byin the past, this file was essential for surfing; nowadays it is only needed to block certain web addresses. However, a faulty hosts file can also cause problems and end an attempt to connect with an Err_Connection_Timed_Out. Here's how to find and repair the Windows hosts file:
- Open the editor as an administrator.
- Open the file hosts in the editor. In Windows operating systems, you will also find them via the path C: Windows System32 drivers etc hosts.
- Delete all entries that do not start with "#. Typically, this means that you delete all lines that start with numbers, for example: "0.0.0.0.0.0.0 www.google.fr.
- Save "Hosts and close the editor. Check if Err_Connection_Timed_Out still persists.
Clear browsing data
Often browser data such as cookies , history and memory cache hinder smooth communication with the target server. If you delete the navigation data at regular intervals, you can correct any issues such as Err_Connection_Timed_Out and prevent them in the future. Please note: deleting browser data may change some of your Internet habits. For example, when you start typing an address on the URL bar or the search box of a search engine, websites no longer appear as suggestions. If you're permanently connected to web portals, you may be logged out.
The Err_Connection_Timed_Out error occurs mainly in Google Chrome. For sRemove the navigation data in Chrome , follow these steps:
- Click the button at the top right of the browser frame, marked with three dots .
- Click on " settings .
- Scroll down in the newly opened window and click on advanced .
- In the "Security and privacy section, click on the last item called delete browsing data .
- In the pop-up window, you then control exactly which data from the browser you want to delete based on the desired period of time. If you want to resolve an issue like Err_Connection_Timed_Out, we recommend that you delete the data for the entire period .
- Then check to see if Err_Connection_Timed_Out is still occurring.
On Chrome, choose the navigation data you want to delete.
Check your LAN settings
An Err_Connection_Timed_Out can sometimes be corrected by disabling some processes automatic in local network settings.
- Enter " Internet Options in the menu search bar and open it.
- Under the tab " connections , click on the LAN settings button.
- In the window that opens, uncheck, if possible, all options .
- Cliquiz on "Ok and close all windows.
- Check if the error Err_Connection_Timed_Out is still there.
Sie Find Internet options very easily with Windows search.
Automatic processes, which sometimes lead to Err_Connection_Timed_Out, can be disabled in the settingsLAN.
Clean or renew DNS and IP address
A cache Overloaded DNS sometimes leads to problems loading a web page. An Err_Connection_Timed_Out can then occur. Renewing the IP address is often a useful manipulation.
- In the start menu, type "cmd in the search bar and open the tool.
- Indicate the command ipconfig / flushdns and confirm with the Enter key. The tool implements the command and notifies you with a short message.
- Do the same with the following commands : ipconfig / registerdns, ipconfig / release, ipconfig / renew, netsh winsock reset.
- Restart your computer and check if Err_Connection_Timed_Out still occurs.
Find the tool using Windows search.
Use this window to enter tasks using simple commands like for clear the DNS cache and renew the IP address.
Check the security software and firewalls
Security programs such as antivirus programs and firewalls sometimes unintentionally block connections, which ends with an Err_Connection_Timed_Out. Please check all the parameters of the software used, in particular the configuration of the browser. Also check if your security software and browser have known compatibility issues .
You will be at risk if you temporarily disable your security software. However, you can check as quickly as possible if Err_Connection_Timed_Out is related to this software.
Ask your votre access provider
If the solution options described above does not help correct Err_Connection_Timed_Out, in very rare cases the error may be on the supplier side . This happens when the provider blocks certain websites . Therefore, please ask if the website you are visiting is blocked by the provider or if there is a classic connection problem .
If the provider denies that 'he has a problem and you have exhausted the other solution options for Err_Connection_Timed_Out, you can assume a server side error. In this case, you have no choice but to wait for the website operator to correct the error.
How can I prevent "Err_Connection_Timed_Out?
The Err_Connection_Timed_Timed_Out occurs most frequently if there is a short-term problem with the web address . It usually disappears in a few minutes. However, there are times when user-related factors play a role. The following tips will reduce the risk of the error happening in the future:
- Keep your browser and security software up to date. Outdated software often causes compatibility issues that end in an Err_Connection_Timed_Out. Most of the time, however, programs update themselves.
- Periodically delete unnecessary data from the browser. This is not only important to reduce the risk of future connection errors. It is also recommended that you continue to browse the Internet generally more fluently. For data protection and privacy reasonsIf private, it is recommended that you delete your browser data at regular intervals.
- Clean the DNS cache regularly and renew your IP address. As described, an incorrect DNS cache sometimes leads to Err_Connection_Timed_Out. Prevent this by emptying the cache from time to time. Renew your IP address at the same time.