- Create a Zoom meeting: step by step
Create a Zoom meeting : step by step
Video and audio conferencing tools are aimed at a wide range of users: these software are increasingly used as a means of communication in the office , but also in the pri lifevee . Zoom and other teleconferencing tools are characterized by their ease of use. So even beginners can quickly and easily create their own Zoom meeting. It is also possible to start and manage a Zoom meeting via the web browser of your choice , for example, or via the native applications for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS . The following paragraphs walk you through this process step by step.
Step 1: Create a Zoom account
For join a Zoom meeting , you just need the meeting number or the personal link sent by the organizer. However, if you want to create your own Zoom meeting, you will not be able to do so.only from an active Zoom account , whether the virtual meeting is scheduled through a browser or an application.
If you do not wish to create a new Zoom account, you can also register for the videoconferencing service with a valid Facebook or Google account .
Start the inion procedure by going to Zoom website and clicking on "Sign up, it's free. Enter your date of birth, then select a valid email address tor opinion. Finally, press "Register. Zoom will then send you an email to activate your account .
Zoom website: email containing the confirmation link sent.
Once you have clicked on the link "Activatethe account " in the email, you will be redirected to the Zoom website where you will need to register the final details (name and password). You can ignore the “Invite Friends” and “Test Meeting” options.
Step 2: Connect to Zoom
After Once you have registered, you will be directly logged into your Zoom account , where you can now schedule or directly launch your own Zoom meetings, as well as join ongoing meetings. You can log in using the "Login button with your email address and password each time you want to use Zoom. If you prefer to download one of the Zoom applications available, youYou will also be able to connect to it for the first time with this data.
Step 3: Create a Zoom meeting
Once you are logged into your account, the fastest way to create your Zoom meeting is to use the "Instant Meeting" feature.
In the browser, create an Instant Zoom meeting using the “Host a meeting” button. From the drop-down menu, you can choose to enable or disable your camera, or just share your screen.
If you want to use your personal meeting number for Zoom instant meetings, you can enable this option in your account under "Personal number for meeting", otherwise the video conferencing tool will generate a random meeting number.
After selecting an option, a new window will open. Then click on "Start meeting and "Join from your browser to start the Zoom meeting.
Zoom in browser:" Start meeting "dialog box.
You can invite other users to join the Zoom meeting created by clicking on the button" Participants .
Creating a Zoom meeting in the browser.
On the application
Creating a Zoom meeting via the app is just as quick and easy:
- Press the “New meeting” button. You can choose to activate or deactivate deactivate your camera The screen sharing option is not available in mobile versionses de Zoom for iOS and Android.
- If you want to use your personal meeting number , activate the corresponding entry.
- Create the Zoom meeting via "Start meeting.
- Add other users to the meeting via "Participants -> "Invite.
Create a Zoom meeting on the Zoom app for Android figcaption>
Step 4: Create a Zoom meeting from the calendar
Sometimes videoconferences and audio conferences occur spontaneously, but they are usually scheduled in advance. With the "Schedule a meeting" option, you don't have to wait for the meeting time to create your virtual meeting location, but can schedule the event in advance. In addition, you have the option of sending a Zoom meeting invitation to all participants in advance.
You have a large number of customizable settings for scheduled online meetings:
- Subject : name of the meeting Zoom
- Deion : optional deion of the meeting
- When : start date and time of the videoconference
- Duration : duration of the meeting
- Zone time : time zone applicable to the time of the selected meeting
- Recurring meeting : activate the option to schedule regular meetings (daily, weekly or monthly)
- Meeting ID : number of the scheduled Zoom meeting; randomly generated by default, but you can also select your personal number
- Security : access code to the meeting and optional waiting room function where only users accepted by the host can join the meeting
- Video : enable or disable the default camera for presenters and participants
- Meeting options : advanced settings to automatically mute the participants when they join the meeting or to automatically record the meeting for example
When you have defined all the settings soIf desired, click "Save to create the scheduled Zoom meeting.
Zoom Web Application: schedule a meeting
You can then view all meetings programmed in the section "Staff under the menu option "Meetings.
Zoom web application: preview of upcoming Zoom meetings figcaption >
These days, videoconferencing greatly enriches the working day.Regular naked virtual meetings can cause fatigue for everyone involved. The phenomenon of Zoom fatigue is just as noticeable when using alternatives to Zoom . It is a challenge to be overcome on a daily basis in the context of digital work.
Step 5: attend a Zoom meeting
En using your Zoom account, you can of course join Zoom meetings created by other users. To do this, press the “Join a meeting” or “Join” button (app), enter the meeting number ou the name of the personal link you received from the organizer, then press "Join.
Zoom web application: join a meeting
As already mentioned, you can join a Zoom meeting at any time without having your own Zoom account . The procedure is the same as described above.