CNN Underscored examines financial products such as credit cards and banking accounts based on their aggregate value, but does not review all financial companies or all available financial offers. We may receive compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com , and this compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. Conditions apply to American Express benefits and offers. Inion may be required for some American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com for more information.
In the wake of redesign of his personal Platinum card in July , American Express released an updated version of his premium business card on Thursday, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express , with new perks that include several new bonus categories, several new annual credits and an upgrade to an existing credit card.
The changes differ from those made to the personal version of the Platinum card issuer, although the Business Platinum will now come with a corresponding higher annual fee of $ 695 for new and old cardholders renewing their card on or after the 13th January 2022.
However, the new benefits are effective immediately for new and existing Business Platinum members, and include:
- 1.5 points for every dollar spent in electronics, retailers, software, cloud service providers, building materials, hardware supplies, and shipping providers, spend up to $ 2 million annually (then 1x).
- Up to $ 360 in re creditsannual surveys on all Indeed hiring and recruiting products and services,
- Up to 'to $ 120 annual credit statement credits for purchases made directly from any US wireless carrier,
- Up to $ 400 in annual statement credits on all Dell purchases in the US, broken down into credits of up to $ 200 each semester. This is an annual increase of $ 200 from the current Dell credit card.
- An annual Adobe credit of $ 150 on annual prepaid subions for Qualifying Creative Cloud and Acrobat Pro DC software packages.
- An annual credit of $ 179 for a Clear membership , whichoffers expedited security screening at select airports and stadiums across the country.
- A 20% discount on Wheels Up Connect private jet membership and discount 40% on a Wheels Up Core Membership , plus a $ 500 or $ 2,000 credit added to your Wheels Up account to be used for an initial flight in the first year, depending on the Wheels Up membership selected .
- Access to Global Dining Access by Resy , which provides exclusive reservations at some of the world's best restaurants, access to premium events and other advantageses such as priority notification and VIP status.
While the last three benefits on the list correspond to those added to the personal Platinum card, the other new benefits are designed for small owners companies likely to benefit from hiring and technology services.
All existing benefits of Business Platinum remain unchanged, including access to the Amex Centuri networkon Lounge , Delta Sky Clubs (when Delta), up to $ 200 in annual airline fee credits, 5 points per dollar on prepaid flights and hotels booked through Amex Travel, points discount 35% off for flights booked on the selected airline - or any airline in first or business class - using points at Amex Travel, up to $ 100 in Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credits and cell phone protection .
Related: Addi American Express ng mobile phone protection to its premium cards .
Are the new Business Platinum benefits worth the annual fee increase?
American Express If Amex Business Platinum has ever made sense for your business, it probably still is.
While the changes made to the Amex Platinum c staff ard in July were somewhat controversial given the annual fee increase of $ 145, these new ones Business Platinum benefits are more accessible and business-oriented. Additionally, since the Business Platinum card already has an annual fee of $ 595 (see rates and fees), the increase that is expected to take effect in January is also relatively smaller.
In particular, the card's new wireless credits should be relatively easy to use for most small business owners. Setting up a Business The Platinum Card to automatically pay your monthly mobile phone bill will effortlessly generate $ 120 in new annual credits. This easily offsets the increased annual fee of $ 100 for the card.
The doubling of annual Dell credits also adds value to the card, as the online computer retailer often offers popular electronics from top brands, such as Bose headphones , Video ringtones , Samsung Galaxy Buds and more, in addition to its own desktops and laptops.
Overall, if the benefits of Business Platinum was worth the cost for your small business before, the card is probably still worth the increased cost now. In some cases, the card could make sense to companies that couldn't justifythe cost previously through these new credits.
If you are a small business owner and are considering getting the Business Platinum , as of now new card members can earn 100,000 bonus points after spending $ 15,000 in eligible purchases with the card within the first three months of opening the account. While this is a large spending requirement, it should be accessible to businesses that have large monthly expenses that can be paid with a credit card.
Find out more about the American Express Business Platinum Card.
Read the CNN Underscored guide on the best American Express credit cards for discounts in cash and travel rewards .
Get all the latest personal finance offers, news and adviceonnels on CNN Underscored Money.