Equalizer APO is free software that is used to equalize the sound volume .
Amplify sound , bass or treble but also audio processing.
Thus it can help to solve sound problems:
- sound volume too low or too loud
- increase or decrease the bass or treble
- cap the sound volume and avoid that the volumes vary enormously from one moment to another with Plugin VST
- the sound is too low or too high on one side or the other
This guide will cover everything you have need to take full control of your system's audio including, but not limited to, setting an equalizer, compressor, VST plugin or other effects on an input or an output.
Table of contents
- You can do it download from this link: Download Equalizer Pro
- The configurator then opens in order to choose the audio output to configure. Check the default output then click OK
Don't worry, you can change the Audio output in Equalizer APO at any time.
You can launch the configurator at any time.
Otherwise the main part of the sound management software is Configuration Editor .
Sound management software configuration
This is how Equalizer APO looks.
- In 1 , we find the list of filters and sound effects. You can add or remove some
- Then in 2 , c 'is the selection of canal sound. All effects and configurations apply to all channels, unless you decide to configure them one by one
- Finally in 3 , c 'is the equalizer for the selected sound channel
Note that at the top right, we find the audio output among the one checked in the configurator.
Then the icons in front of each effects and filters allow you to delete it or add a new one.
Equalizer APO offers a fairly large list.
Use sound equalizer
The sound equalizer allows you to increase or decrease the sound by frequency.
As a reminder:
- Bass frequencies like the name indicates are low and range from around 20 to 400 Hz
- Finally the high frequencies are around 2000 and 20,000 Hz
Then we find the sound equalizer filter:
- In 1 , l 'bulb icon allows you to activate or not the equalizer
- Then in 2 , You have the curve by frequency (at the bottom) , you can climb or ash the pointto increase or decrease the sound volume on a frequency
- Finally in 3 , we find the table with the values by sound frequency. The latter can be exported or imported to apply a sound configuration
Adjust volume and sound problem with Equalizer APO
The sound is lower in one ear than in the other
By default, the settings are All, so any changes apply to all sound channels .
To resolve the sound too low or too loud on one side,
- Add the channel filter: Control> Channel
- Select the side with the problem (L for left and R for Right) from selected channels 1
- Similarly at the bottom in analysis panel , select the side with the problem 2
- Finally increase or decreaseuer the preamplification 3
The VST Plugins
Equalizer APO allows you to extend the functionality by installing a VST Plugins.
We then find:
- compressors which aim to compress the sound and avoid variations in sound volume
- equalizers sound, often with cooler designs
This last is presented in the form of a DLL file which must be loaded in the VST Plugins part.
You must however make sure that the plugin architecture corresponds to your system (32 vs 64 bits).
Often they are provided in the form of a setup which installs the DLL in a subfolder of C: Programs
- Load VST Plugins filter: Plugins> VST Plugin)
- Then click on the open icon
- Navigate through the folders to load the DLL file
- Then click on Options then check the embed to display it
For example below a sound compressor.
The volumes vary enormously from one moment to another: compressors
In this case , you will want to run a compressor .
A compressor takes all its louder than a given threshold and compresses it according to the given ratio.
Finally, the booster gain is used to bring everything down to nominal levels.
Compressors come with the same functionality:
We can then play on the following settings:
- knee which rounds the corner between the ranges compressed and uncompressed,
- Attack (A) which corresponds to the speed with which the compressor will react to changes (cut the volume)
- Release (R) how quickly the compressor will return the volume to normal after a strong spike
Finally you can also install in addition Peace Equalizer which offers another interface.
Below is the interface in pro mode with all the active options offered by Peace Equalizer.
An equalizer by sound type (rock, hiphop, classic) is available.
Links You found this article useful and interesting, do not hesitate to share it ...
Equalizer APO : control and adjust the sound volume